A delivery truck driver accident can cause serious injuries. If you’ve been hurt, come speak with the delivery truck accident lawyers at Haun Mena about your case. We can represent you in the process to claim the compensation that you deserve.
Delivery companies operate on a large scale. With so many people and vehicles in motion each day, accidents can occur. If you suffer as a result, you may deserve financial compensation. Contact us – we can begin working on your case today.
Types of delivery truck vehicles
If you have been in an accident involving any of the following delivery vehicles, you may qualify for compensation:
· Flower delivery
· Airport and hotel shuttle vehicles
· Appliance delivery services
· Mail and newspaper delivery
· Food delivery companies (Uber Eats, GrubHub)
Contact our lawyers for delivery truck accidents to talk about your case today.
Delivery Truck Accident Claims
What is a delivery truck accident claim?
If you’re hurt in an accident involving a delivery truck, a claim is the process of receiving financial compensation. The victim formally states their right to damages, and the claim process determines the amount of compensation the victim receives.
What makes a delivery truck company liable for an accident?
A delivery truck company is liable for an accident that they cause by negligence. They are responsible for the actions of their driver. If the driver commits a traffic error or shows a lack of care in another way, they are legally liable to those they hurt.
Examples of delivery truck company liability may include:
- Speeding to make as many deliveries as possible
- Looking at records or orders and not paying attention to the road
- Texting while driving
- Unsecured load; objects that fall on the road or destabilize the vehicle
- Failing to inspect the vehicle or conduct proper maintenance
- Stopping the vehicle in a location where it is not safe
- Pulling into traffic without making sure that there is enough room to do so safely
- Working too many hours; driving while tired or fatigued
- Not following the rules of the road that apply to all drivers
- Hazardous parking
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
A delivery company has an obligation to exercise due care and caution in all they do – they are doing a dangerous job. Delivery truck companies may be liable when their actions amount to negligence that results in an accident.
Delivery Truck Accident Laws
Is a delivery company legally liable for the actions of a driver?
A delivery company may be liable for the actions of a driver under a legal concept called vicarious liability. That means that the company is responsible for what their employees do. They may also be legally liable for hiring an unqualified worker, poor training or failing to properly monitor workers. When an employee acts negligently to cause a crash, the delivery company may be liable to pay damages.
How do I receive compensation for a delivery truck accident?
To receive compensation for a delivery truck accident, you must pursue a claim. Depending on the circumstances, you may bring the claim to an insurance company or to a court. A delivery truck accident lawyer can represent you throughout the process.
What do I have to prove to win a delivery truck accident claim?
To win a delivery truck accident claim, you must prove:
- Duty – The delivery company had a duty of reasonable care and caution. This is usually easy to prove, since all drivers have a duty of care on the road
- Breach of duty/Negligence – The delivery driver or company acted negligently, or with a lack of care
- Cause of injuries – For legal liability to apply, the breach of duty must cause the accident and injuries. There must be injuries – bad driving is not enough in and of itself – there must be an accident with damages for there to be legal liability
- Damages – The victim has damages because of the accident. Typically, this means physical injuries that are serious enough to need medical care and other damages
Does comparative negligence apply in delivery truck accident claims?
Comparative negligence applies in delivery truck accident claims to apportion liability among all parties. You may still receive payment if you’re up to 50% at fault.
Compensation for Delivery Truck Accident Claims
Types of compensation for delivery truck accident claims
Compensation that you may receive for a delivery truck accident claim includes:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages, including, bonuses, tips and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Mental injuries and anguish
- Emotional suffering
- Property damage
- Wrongful death benefits
Think about the impact that the accident has had on your life – medical bills are certainly a big part of it. But really, your whole life has been disrupted. While money alone can’t fix what has been done, it can fairly represent your suffering and losses.
Compensation may include the damages that you have financially – both current and future. It should also fairly represent your physical and emotional suffering because of the accident.
Do I have to go to trial?
The thought of going to trial can seem daunting. But don’t worry – most delivery truck accident claims do not go to trial. Usually, our lawyers can reach a settlement that fairly represents the victim’s losses. It doesn’t happen by accident – it takes diligent preparation and negotiations.
When you work with our lawyers, we get to know you to determine the right path. If you decide to take your case to trial, our lawyers prepare with you. You know what to expect, so you walk into court feeling confident.
How long do I have to sue for a delivery truck accident in Texas?
You have two years to sue for a delivery truck accident in Texas. If a government entity is involved, the time frame is much shorter – usually six months, but only 90 days to provide notice for a City of Houston claim. If you believe the negligence of a governmental entity caused your injury, you must act immediately to insure the correct notice is provided to the correct entities before the statutory deadlines. Do not wait until the last minute, as even experienced lawyers may need time to gather information.
See: Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code § 16.003, Texas Tort Claims Act § 101.101, City of Houston Charter Article IX, § 11
Delivery Truck Accident Lawyers Near Houston
When you need the best delivery truck accident lawyers near Houston for you, we invite you to get to know the lawyers at Haun Mena. We believe that you deserve justice no matter how big – or small – your case might be. We focus our legal practice on helping individuals.
Our lawyers can represent you in the Houston area and throughout Texas. We are knowledgeable about Texas laws and legal procedures that apply to delivery truck accident claims. Let us help you navigate the complex legal world when you need a delivery truck accident lawyer near Houston to fight for you.
How can a delivery truck accident lawyer help me?
- Research – Preparing a delivery truck accident claim may involve significant research into the practices of the company and the events of the crash. You may need to gather records and pour over them to investigate the circumstances. Your lawyers can help you get these records and evaluate them.
- Negotiation – Resolving a delivery truck driver claim fairly takes effective negotiation. The delivery company has many lawyers helping them fight claims. When you have a lawyer, they handle the negotiations for you.
- Understanding regulations – There are a lot of regulations that may apply to a delivery company. These regulations may cover training, hiring and operating practices. Whether the company followed these rule and regulations may prove critical to your claim. Your lawyer can help you determine what regulations may be important and how they impact your claim.
- Defending your rights – The delivery company may raise comparative negligence as a defense. You can respond to the allegations, but you must do so effectively. A lawyer can help you carefully build the evidence to prove the facts and your right to compensation.
- Collecting compensation – Many delivery companies are heavily insured. Getting the compensation that you deserve means knowing how to access these policies and make a claim through the right channels. An experienced lawyer knows how to handle your claim in its entirety.
- Making a claim complete – Too many victims miss out on the compensation that they deserve because they don’t understand the various categories of compensation and how to go about documenting them. When you work with an experienced delivery truck accident lawyer, you have a professional to ensure you fully value damages that you may not be aware of.
Free Consultation – Accepting New Cases
The Haun Mena delivery truck accident lawyers are accepting new cases. We invite you to contact us now and learn how our representation works.
We never charge a penny for your consultation – or our time. We don’t expect payment unless we are successful in your case. Let us assume all the risk.
Our lawyers are committed to being different. We treat your case the same, whether it is large or small. You get partner-level service and experience, every time.
Time deadlines can be short, so don’t wait to contact us for your consultation. We can meet with you at our offices, at your home, the hospital, or anywhere else convenient for you. Contact us today.