Explosions occur in a variety of settings. If you’ve been hurt, our explosion accident lawyers can represent you to claim monetary compensation. As experienced personal injury attorneys, we do what needs to be done to protect your legal rights.
Our lawyers for explosion accidents are here to discuss your case with you. See how we can work on your behalf to receive justice.
Explosion Accident Lawyers Near Houston, Texas
If you’re looking for the best explosion accident lawyers near Houston, Texas, we welcome you to have a consultation with our legal team. We are experienced personal injury lawyers. Our entire legal practice is dedicated to helping individuals fight for their rights and level the playing field in the legal system.
We accept cases in Houston and throughout Texas. We can meet at our offices, in your home, in the hospital or anywhere else that is convenient for you. Virtual consultations are also available. Contact us today to start the conversation about your case.
Cause of Explosions
Explosions may result from:
- Use of flammable materials including gas and propane
- Poor storage of goods
- Inadequate training for workers to handle materials
- Significant changes in pressure in pipes, lines and valves
- Failing to clean spills properly
- Faulty hookups
- Poor construction and repairs
- Rushing through work without proper safety protocols and approvals
- Insufficient inspections and monitoring
- Unsafe handling and storage of dangerous chemicals
Explosion Accident Claims
Explosions are catastrophic. There’s a good chance that you have losses that no amount of time can completely heal. Rebuilding your health, your property and your state of mind takes time – and money.
An explosion accident claim seeks financial compensation to help you with the aftermath of an explosion. It also holds others accountable for the events that caused the accident.
What is an explosion accident claim?
An explosion accident claim is a formal claim for monetary compensation. It is brought against the party who is responsible for causing the accident. The responsible party should compensate the victim for their damages. A claim allows the victim to assert their right to compensation and have their claim heard.
*In addition to a claim against the responsible party, our explosion accident attorneys can also assist with insurance claims and any other avenues that may be possible for monetary relief.
Injuries from explosions
An explosion may produce a variety of catastrophic injuries. You may claim compensation for damages arising from:
- Traumatic brain injury, concussion, skull fracture
- Broken bones
- Crushing injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Paralysis, loss of feeling
- Loss of limb, amputation
- Emotional trauma
The compensation that you receive in an explosion accident lawsuit depends on your physical injuries and several other factors. It’s important to identify the full extent of your injuries. When they are serious, they may last long into the future. An experienced lawyer can make sure that your injuries are fully represented in your claim for financial compensation.
Damages in explosion lawsuits
Once you identify your injuries, the next question is what damages you can claim for an explosion accident. You may seek:
- Medical bills
- Mental health treatment and trauma
- Emotional anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Disfigurement and scars
- Changed lifestyle
- Property damage
- Wrongful death compensation
When reviewing damages in an explosion lawsuit claim, there are a few things to know:
- Your pain and suffering is important. Do not underestimate the value of pain and suffering compensation.
- In addition, you can claim compensation for mental health injuries and the way that they impact your life.
- Property damage may be a significant part of compensation in an explosion lawsuit. If your home or business explodes, the value of property damage can be a significant part of any claim. Be sure not to overlook the necessary proofs, including estimates, to make your claim complete for damaged property. Your homeowner’s or commercial insurance policy may provide significant additional coverage for your damages. At Haun Mena, we have decades of experience handling explosion claims, both on the personal injury side, and on the insurance side.
- Identifying damages in an explosion case can take time. You may need experts to value property damage and long-term medical care needs. There may be significant financial work involved in valuing impact on lifestyle and the amount of non-economic damages that the victim deserves.
Our lawyers for explosion accidents understand the complex process involved in claiming compensation for an accident of this nature. Let our lawyers work through these issues to determine how they apply to your case and how to make sure you receive a fair amount of damages for your claim.
Explosion Accident Lawsuit FAQs
How much time do I have to file a lawsuit for an explosion in Texas?
How long you have to file a lawsuit for an explosion in Texas depends on the type of case:
- Most claims based on personal injury – two years
- Claims under the Texas Tort Claims Act – notice within six months
- Claiming against the City of Houston – notice within 90 days
- Property damage – two years
- Wrongful death – two years from the date of death
It’s always best to meet with an explosion accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. They want to work quickly on your behalf to preserve evidence. On the other hand, don’t assume that it’s too late to bring your claim without speaking to a lawyer.
What is the process for claiming monetary compensation for an explosion accident?
There may be multiple sources of compensation and avenues to pursue when you are the victim of an explosion accident. You may seek payment from:
- The party or parties responsible for causing an accident, through a traditional lawsuit
- Your own homeowners insurance or business insurance, by filing a claim for damage
- The workers’ compensation system for injuries that occur while on the job, if your employer has coverage
- A combination of these sources
Another reason that explosion accident claims are complex is because of the number of entities and processes that may be pursued. A third party may be liable for damages based on negligence – but your own homeowner’s insurance may also provide coverage. In other circumstances, a third party may be responsible for negligence – but workers’ compensation may also provide relief.
When multiple entities are involved, knowing how to go about getting your compensation can be complex. These processes may impact each other. As your explosion accident lawyers, we know how to sort it all out and determine what to do. Let us help you understand all your rights and options and pursue the right path.
Can you sue the gas company for an explosion?
It is possible to sue the gas company if their actions are responsible for an explosion. You will need to gather evidence to show that the gas company is at fault for faulty work or for ignoring signs of a leak. Small mistakes maintaining natural gas and propane lines at homes and businesses can cause catastrophic injuries. Propane and natural gas servicing companies are notoriously bad about checking valves for safe operation and often just complete critical safety work as fast as possible, without regard to the safety of residents and property owners.
Hiring an Explosion Accident Lawyer
What kind of lawyer handles explosion accidents?
A personal injury lawyer handles explosion accidents. They represent the interests of the individual in claiming compensation from those responsible for causing the accident.
What should I look for in an explosion accident lawyer?
To capably handle your case, an explosion accident lawyer should have:
- Training and experience in personal injury law
- Significant courtroom experience arguing before judges and juries
- A track record of negotiating fair settlements for their clients
- Resources to conduct in-depth investigations into the technical aspects of an explosion lawsuit, including working with experts needed to present complex, scientific evidence
- Dedication to justice whether your case is large or small
- A strong law firm and team with the legal resources you need
- Open communication with the client throughout the case
- Understanding the factors that are important to your claim and how to maximize compensation
- Identifying issues that may be present in the case and how to address them
At Haun Mena, you can expect partner-level service throughout from start to finish. And we never charge for our time. Talk to us whenever you want. Open communication between lawyer and client is key to our success. We work as your representatives until you have a fair result.
Will my explosion lawsuit go to trial?
Our lawyers help you reach your personal goals. We get to know you, and your case. Together, we help you understand the law and create a strategic plan. We are happy to take your case to trial if that’s the right path – but with careful case preparation and negotiations, most cases result in a settlement.
At Haun Mena, we are dedicated to being different. That means pursuing the right path for you. Let us help you understand your options and customize your case plan.
Taking New Cases – Free Consultation
If you have suffered injuries or property damage because of an explosion, you may deserve financial compensation. But you must take the right steps to receive it. Our explosion accident lawyers are dedicated to helping people like you. We’re taking new cases today.
We don’t charge for our services unless you win your case. We take all of the financial risk. Don’t worry about paying for your lawyer, because we don’t expect a payment until we’re successful in your case. Let us shoulder the burden for you.