Here at Haun Mena, our goal is to help you, and we put in every effort to make this possible. Our attorneys handle a variety of injury and accident claims for people just like you. If you have suffered a personal injury you should contact us today to learn more about how we may be able to assist you with your case.
Whether your case is for a small injury or a catastrophic one, the team of attorneys at Haun Mena are committed to getting you the outcome you deserve. Contact us today to begin a conversation with our attorneys and for a no-risk assessment of your case. Call us now!
Types of Personal injury Cases We Handle
Our personal injury lawyers handle many different types of cases. If your injury results from any of the following, we may help you recover financial compensation:
- Car accidents
- Truck and commercial vehicle crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Slip and falls
- Premises liability
- Defective products, product liability
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites, animal attacks
- Maritime incidents, oil and gas injuries
- Railroad accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Assault and battery
- Illness from exposure to harmful substances
Personal injuries arise in a variety of situations and contexts. Legal liability may be based on someone else’s actions. It may also be based on a lack of action on the part of someone else.
Does a personal injury have to happen on purpose for financial compensation?
Most personal injuries don’t happen on purpose. Usually, they are accidents.
You may wonder how you can get financial compensation for a personal injury if it was just an accident. Texas law allows for personal injury claims based on negligence. Negligence is based on what’s reasonable. It occurs when someone else isn’t as cautious as they should be in any given situation.
A person doesn’t have to break a law to be negligent, although many car accident cases are based on traffic violations. Texas law recognizes negligence, or a lack of reasonable behavior under the circumstances, as grounds for a personal injury claim.
What is considered a personal injury?
When a person suffers an injury because of an unreasonable danger created by someone else, they have suffered a personal injury.
Examples of personal injury
Some examples include:
- A driver fails to stop at a stop light. They collide with another vehicle, causing injuries to the occupants.
- When a person makes a quick stop at a convenience store, they rush inside to make a purchase. There is a spill on the floor, and the person falls, sustaining a broken wrist.
- Vehicle manufacturers design a vehicle in a way that makes it likely to catch on fire when there is damage to the fuel tank. A fire occurs, and a victim suffers serious burns.
- Poor vehicle maintenance at a construction site causes brakes to fail, resulting in serious injury to a victim.
These are just a few examples – what they all have in common is that they all could have been prevented. A person, a company or even multiple parties may be named as the defendant in a personal injury action.
Personal Injury Lawyers Near Houston, TX
If you’re looking for the experienced personal injury lawyer for you near Houston, TX, we invite you to contact the Haun Mena team for your free consultation. Our law firm is dedicated to helping the individual, whether your case is large or small.
As the injured victim, getting the compensation you deserve can be an uphill battle. The defense may have a team of lawyers and try all kinds of tactics to avoid paying fair compensation. Our lawyers know how to fight back. If you’re hurt, you deserve to be compensated. When you need the best personal injury lawyers near Houston, TX, contact us to see how we can help you. We accept cases in Houston and throughout the State of Texas.
About Personal Injury Claims
What is the law for personal injuries in Texas?
The most common type of personal injury claim in Texas is based on negligence. The victim must prove the following:
- The defendant had a duty of care to act with reasonable care and caution.
- The defendant breached their duty.
- An accident occurred.
- The victim suffered injuries.
- Damages resulted, like medical bills and pain and suffering.
A personal injury claim can also be based on recklessness, willful and wanton misconduct and intentional actions. In addition, strict liability applies to defective products in Texas.
Types of Personal Injury Compensation
Compensation in a personal injury action may include:
- Emergency medical care expenses
- Nursing care, long-term care, in-home care
- Mobility assistance devices
- Pain and suffering
- Mental health treatment
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
- Lost income and career damage
- Exemplary damages (punitive damages)
Our lawyers can examine what damages are available in your case. Then, we work on gathering the proof needed to receive fair compensation.
What are the stages of a personal injury claim?
The stages of a personal injury claim vary from case to case, but they may include:
- Seeking emergency medical care, preserving evidence and reporting the accident
- Reporting the case to an insurance company
- Drafting legal documents to begin the case
- Using legal procedures like discovery and legal motions to build evidence and case strategy
- Trial, appeals
- Negotiating a settlement
- Collecting the judgment
Not every case goes through every stage. In fact, most cases reach a result without trial. When you have a personal injury lawyer, they help you evaluate where to focus and how to handle each stage in the case to your advantage.
Do personal injury claims go to trial?
Usually, a personal injury claim resolves through an agreement between the parties. Only a small percent of cases require a trial.
Whether you want to settle your case or go to trial, a lawyer can help
A lawyer builds your case. They strategize and negotiate for you. A lawyer also helps you evaluate settlement offers – they are an expert who understands the likely value of your case and if you should accept a settlement. If you want to take your case to trial, a personal injury lawyer can help you present your case effectively. However, before trial, they work to put you in a strong position to reach a settlement.
Why bring a personal injury claim?
There are many different reasons to bring a personal injury claim, including:
- Financial compensation for the victim
- Holding those accountable who caused the accident
- Getting answers about what happened – making the defense produce records and answer questions
- Bringing attention to an issue in hopes of creating awareness and prompting change
- Exercising your legal rights
- Being able to make your own decisions on how to proceed with the case (If there is a criminal case, state authorities control prosecution of the case.)
Personal injuries cost money – you have medical bills, lost work and property damage. They also cause suffering and take up your emotional energy. The primary reason for bringing a personal injury claim is to receive financial compensation, but there are a lot of reasons that you can benefit from bringing a claim. Our lawyers can learn about you and your goals and tailor the case to your success.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
What kind of lawyer handles injury claims?
A personal injury lawyer handles injury claims. They specialize in representing individuals, providing them with legal advice and acting as their agent throughout their case.
What does a personal injury lawyer do?
A personal injury lawyer represents the legal interests of the injured person. The lawyer knows the legal process and the system. They file documents, investigate and strategize to help their client achieve justice and a fair result.
How do I hire a personal injury lawyer?
To hire a personal injury lawyer, contact us and tell us more about your case. We learn about you and what happened. Then, we explain how representation works and what to expect in a personal injury case. If you decide to hire us, we put the agreement in writing and get to work right away.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Houston Taking New Cases
The Haun Mena personal injury team knows how to beat the corporate system. Our lawyers handle your case effectively and efficiently. Plus, you work with our partners throughout your case. We never hand your case off to an inexperienced associate or make you wonder who to talk to at our firm. When you work with us, you communicate with us directly.
Free Consultation – No Fee Unless You Win
A consultation with the Haun Mena personal injury lawyers is always free. Come meet us in our offices, or let us come to you at home or in the hospital. There’s never a cost to learn about your case and how our law firm can help you.
When we represent you, there’s no risk to you. We take all the risk – there’s no fee unless we win compensation for you. That’s our promise to you when you need help after an accident.
Come meet with our Houston personal injury lawyers to discuss your options. Time limits apply, so contact us right away. Let’s work together for justice for you.